1st Women’s March for Equality, NYC
Gelatin silver print
8 x 10 inches
Contributor: Lane, Bettye, (1930-2012, photographer)
The Library of Congress
Citation: Lane, Bettye, photographer. 1st Women’s March for Equality. NYC. 1970. Image. Retrieved from the Library of Congress - https://www.loc.gov/item/2013649129/
Excerpt from Library of Congress:
About this Item
1st womens march for equality. NYC
Photograph shows women and men behind a sign with the message: Men for womens liberation.
Lane, Bettye, 1930-2012, photographer
Created / Published
1970 August 26.
- WomenCivil rightsNew York (State)New York1960-1980
- Civil rights demonstrationsNew York (State)New York1960-1980
- Womens rightsNew York (State)New York1960-1980
- MenNew York (State)New York1960-1980
- Signs (Notices)1960-1980
- Title from item.
- No. R5/F19.
- On verso: © Bettye Lane, Studio 501D, 463 West St., NYC, NY 10014.
- Gift Bettye Lane (PR 13 CN 2003:142)
- Accession box no. DLC/PP-2003:142.004
1 photographic print 8 x 10 in.
Call Number/Physical Location
Unprocessed in PR 13 CN 2003:142, no. 4 [P&P]
Library of Congress Prints and Photographs Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/pp.print
ds 04449 http://hdl.loc.gov/loc.pnp/ds.04449
Library of Congress Catalog Number
LC-DIG-ds-04449 (digital file from original item)
Bettye Lane: Selected Biographies on Art in Context
Bettye Lane: Related Links on Art in Context
Bettye Lane, American, (1930-2012)
b. September 19, 1930, Boston, MA
Art in Context - Projects:
Art in Context - Art for the Day: September 19